These muffins are pretty amazing, they taste absolutely delicious. They taste like they are full of butter and sugar, but actually have Peanut Butter and Banana as the main ingredients. These are perfect to keep in the pantry for a small little sweet treat or an afternoon pick-me-up. The original recipe here said you can make them by placing all the ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips) in a blender, but I use a mixer instead.
The Banana and Peanut Butter form the base of the recipe and make up for the lack of flour, making the texture is nice and gooey. Don’t worry if you don’t like the taste of Bananas, you totally can’t taste them. If you are skeptical about this recipe, so was I, but try for yourself and see how deliciously good they really are.
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup (or Honey)
- 2 tablespoons Coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius, and grease a 12 hole mini-muffin tin
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients apart from the Chocolate Chips until the mixture is smooth, then fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop mixture into muffin tray, filling they holes about 3/4 full
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, then let the set more in the tray before placing on a cooling rack