Last year for my birthday I was given the Bluebells Cookbook which is an absolutely gorgeous cookbook with beautiful photos. I cannot wait to try more of the recipes from it. I was drawn to try this rocky road because visually it looked amazing. I made some to take round to a friend’s for after lunch and although it was simple to make, it tasted amazing. I then told Dad that I was giving the rest of it to my friend as part of her birthday present and he got very upset as he didn’t want it to be given away.
The textures in the rocky road are really nice, the soft marshmallows with the crunch of the pistachio, and if you can get your hands on freeze dried cherries they are crispy and pack a sour punch.
- 880g White Chocolate
- 2 cups Marshmallows (halved)
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries (150g)
- 1 cup Freeze-Dried Cherries (30g)
- 1 cup Shelled Pistachios (120g)
- Melt the Chocolate in a pot over boiling water until smooth
- Mix the Chocolate through with the Marshmallows, and 3/4 cup each of the Cranberries, Cherries and Pistachios until well combined
- Pour the mixture until a lined baking tray 20x30cm and smooth out
- Add the remaining Cranberries, Cherries and Pistachios, pressing down to ensure they stick
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before cutting
Have a look at some of our yummy photos on Pinterest:
Follow my blog with Bloglovin