Ambrosia is known as food of the Ancient Gods. This taste definitely lives up to this!
A few weeks ago, we were sent a copy of Annabel Langbein’s new cookbook, ‘A Free Range Life’, so we decided to put on a little dinner party with a few of our friends to try out some of the recipes. We have all been busy the last few weeks studying for University Exams, so it was a nice way to relax and celebrate the upcoming Summer. Also, all the food was gluten free!
As Sophie made friends with our guests, we started off with some Prawn Skewers and Devils on Horseback (Prunes wrapped in Bacon) with some homemade Paprika infused Mayonnaise.
We cooked Lamb Steak on the barbecue, with a Roast Vegetable & Chorizo Salad, and a Quinoa Salad with Asparagus & Avocado.
As all good dinner parties, the star was of course, the dessert. This is absolutely easy to do (so easy that probably even our Dad could make it), and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. The recipe should make 8, although it was so good we ate it all between the 5 of us!
- 300g Cream
- 300g Yoghurt (we used Berry but plain is fine to)
- 8 large Meringues crumbled
- Handful of quartered Marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped Nougat (optional)
- 2 cups frozen Raspberries (thawed out)
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form, do not over whip the Cream
- Mix it in with the Yoghurt, add in the crumbled Meringues, Marshmallows, Nougat and Raspberries
- Place in individual glasses, and leave in the fridge until ready to serve
You can also make a raspberry coulis to serve with it if you want. It’s super easy
- 2 cups Frozen Raspberries (thawed out)
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
- Mix the two ingredients together
That’s it! I told you it was simple! Serve and enjoy 🙂
Slowly the candles burned down and it was time for everyone to go home, very tired but with a full stomach and happy
Have a look at some of our yummy photos on Pinterest: