Our favorite place for a casual lunch out or an afternoon treat is at Little & Friday. With two stores in Auckland, one in New Market and another in Takapuna, they do quiches, tarts and sweet pastries like no other. We were super excited to get their amazing cook book for Christmas (thanks Nana) and have spent a long time looking at all the amazing photos. Our first attempt from the book was Chocolate Cookies which we made at the beach with our little cousin, but they were so good they didn’t last long enough to take photos of. Leish and I decided to take on their biscotti, and decided to make pistachio and cranberry biscotti. Feel free to swap the pistachio and cranberry for coffee & walnut, or chocolate & hazelnut.
It was our first time making biscotti, but we were delighted at how delicious it turned out, nice and crispy and absolutely delicious when dunked in our Hot Chocolates. They last for ages, and it’s always impressive when you have friends over and can pull out some home made biscotti.
4 cups Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 cups Cranberries
2 cups Pistachios
zest of 1 Orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a larger bowl
3. Stir in remaining ingredients, except eggs
4. Beat eggs seperately and add to dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, mix until combined. The mixture should be dry and crumbly
5. Using your hands, work the mixture together and shape into two loafs measuring aproximately 20cm. Place on lined tray and bake for 30 minutes
6. Remove from oven and slice each og with a serrated knife into approximately 20 1cm wide slices. The slices should be slightly moist in the centre
7. Reduce oven to 140 degrees. Lay cut slices on lined baking trays and return to oven for 20 minutes, until they are dry and hard. Store in airtight container for up to 4 weeks
If you want to make them extra delish, melt some white chocolate and coat half of them with chocolate.
Have a look at some of our yummy photos on Pinterest: